EFFECTIVE DATE: December 4, 2017
The Information We Collect About You
We may collect information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly. You can create an account with us, and in order to do so, you must submit your name and email to us. You are not required to do so in order to make a purchase, and you can browse our Site without creating an account. However, you must provide us certain personal information in order to make a purchase, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or survey sponsored by us, sign up for deals, or use certain Site features (e.g., the “contact us” form), you must provide us certain personal information (e.g., name, address, email address, payment information, etc.). In addition, we also may collect certain optional information through the Site. For instance, we may ask you for additional information, such as your preferences and birthday (MMDD) so that we can send you information and offers we think will interest you, personalize your experience with us, and for other marketing, research and analytics purposes.
Your Content. We may allow you to post reviews, comments, photos or other content to our Site, and if you do, we collect information about what you post and may associate this with the other information we have collected about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, device ID, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Site on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and use our products both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose the personal information we collect as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Marketing Partners. We may also share your personal information with select companies, who may send you news, offers, promotions and other information we think may interest you, or who may contact you to ask your opinion on various topics. You may opt-out of our sharing your information in this way, as set forth in the Choices section below.
- Users. When you post content on our Site, your name any information that you post, will be available to, and searchable by, all users and visitors of the Site.
- Business Transfers. If all or part of our business or assets are merged with or sold to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, your personal information will be transferred to the surviving or acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
Cookies and Tracking
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of users of our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Browser Settings. Our Site currently do not recognize browser do-not-track signals/requests. (For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click ). You can, however, opt out of certain targeted advertising as noted below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about interest-based advertising and ad networks, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA), and www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI). Opting out of one or more NAI or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, if your erase your cookies, or if you use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to [all visitors to our Site/all registered users on our Site]. If you post your own content on our Site, your posting may become public and Mark Cross cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How Can I Access My Personal Information?
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
Our Communications. As noted above we may send you emails with news, information and special offers. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail, or by updating your preferences within your account profile if you have created an account with the Site. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or orders, the Site, as well as sweepstakes in which you participate.
Third Party Partners. When you register with us, or make a purchase through the Site, we give you the choice to receive news, offers and other information from select third party partners with whom we may share your information. You can opt out of our sharing your information when you register with us. You may also opt out at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we will stop sharing your information on a going-forward basis, but your opt-out won’t affect the information we have shared prior to your opt out.
Third Party Plugins and Social Networking Features
At times, we may incorporate some third-party social networking features on the Site or utilize third-party provided platforms to publish or manage the Site or portions thereof. For example, our Site may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button and the “Share this” button, as well as other interactive mini-programs that run on our Site and enable certain features to work (e.g., blogs and comments). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly and for other purposes. These features are displayed on our Site, but are hosted by third parties, and are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
Children Under 13
Our Site and products are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at Legal Email.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at www.markcross.com. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or emailing you at your email address of record.